I sinned. Yesterday, I allowed us to watch a movie that had suggestive content. Because of the funny quips and scenarios, I rationalized and thought it was worth the laughs. However, it wasn't. In hindsight, I realized that we were laughing at fools. Cheaper by the Dozen is funny, no doubt, but there lifestyle reflects that of people who know not God.
We were being a companion of fools. We were being discipled by a family not seeking to please God. The children did not obey, the parents sought their own, the childen did not love one another, sexual immorality was tolerated. Granted, everyone was transformed in the end and the family united together, however, I fear you came away desensitized to the fear of God. I wish they made more Christian movies we could laugh at together. From now on, train your eye to only view what pleases the Lord. Sin begins with one look sometimes. Just like Matthew trains his eye to hit the baseball, train your eye to know and detect a curve ball when it's coming. What started out as hilarious lines slowly lead to dangerous inuendos. I didn't see the curve ball coming. when you, my beloveds, sense a curve ball is coming, make adjustments. Turn around, and be thankful for the Cross. The cross gives you the power to detect a curve ball and it gives you the grace to whack them over the fence.

0 comments:
Post a Comment