
I hate commutes. Being raised in a small West Texas town, where everything was within a few miles of our home, ruined me! Most destinations were only a few blocks without traffic. Northern Virginia is just the opposite. I confess I struggle with grumbling and complaining almost anytime I venture too far from home. By the time I reach my destination, I usually feel like I a rag tossed to and fro in a washing machine.
However, Sunday mornings are different. I love the commute. We drive 20 minutes to church, and I relish it and look forward to it. Why? It’s my special time to spiritually breathe, confess my sins and breathe in the Gospel. While driving, the sins of the week and my inadequacies plague my thoughts. My behavior, my thoughts, my motives, how I responded to the children before getting into the car, all remind me of my need for a Savior and my unworthiness of being a Bible Study teacher and a pastor’s wife.
But, hallelujah, my thoughts don’t end there. By God’s grace, I remember the fountain, the fountain of my Savior’s blood.
His blood, which poured from His brow, His hands, His feet and His side, was not in vain It washed away my sin, and it continues to wash away my sin. It never stops flowing and never loses its power. Amazing!
Upon arrival at church, by God’s grace, I’m cleansed. Clinging to the cross, I’m guilt free and prepared to teach, eager to be a builder in God’s church.
My beloveds, because of Christ’s blood, you are free to serve without condemnation. Trust in Him and the work He accomplished for you at the cross. He said “it is finished” and He meant it.
Zech 13:1 In that day a fountain will be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity.
I John 1:7, 9
.....And the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Zech 13:1 In that day a fountain will be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity.
I John 1:7, 9
.....And the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 comments:
i sure am enjoying your new blog, andrew did an amazing job setting up the site and i'm loving your insights april-love you
Post a Comment