
Beloveds, shortly after I met your dad, we went fishing. While there, he noticed me threading a worm on a hook.
To this day, he lovingly reminds me of how this one act of bravery (my worm threading) was the “hook”. He knew I was the one for him!!! Little did he know that would be the first and last time he would see me load a worm on a hook.
In fact, I don’t remember any of it. I must have been loony at the time. You know I have a disdain for God’s slimy creatures.
The point is: He was deceived. I’m not the Indiana Jones woman he thought I was going to be. Maybe this is a bad illustration, but I thought it would get your attention!!!
A lot of things in this world are not what they appear. They seem to promise much, but they deliver little.
Examples: A bigger house will not satisfy you. A fancy car will not keep you happy. A friend will not meet your deepest needs. Money will make itself like wings and fly away.
On the surface these things are appealing and even dazzling, but once you have acquired them, you will be disappointed. They are deceitful.
Good news, however, God is not deceitful. God is who He says He is and He will do what He says He will do. He will never disappoint.
So, my beloveds, passionately seek Him as a lost treasure. He is living water, and He alone will satisfy your soul.
So, my beloveds, passionately seek Him as a lost treasure. He is living water, and He alone will satisfy your soul.
Matt 6:19
Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

0 comments:
Post a Comment