Once there was a man lame from birth, who would beg alms at the Beautiful Gate. One day, Peter and John passed by him, and seeing his helplessness, said to him:
I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you.....In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk! And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. And the lame man began walking and leaping and praising God.
Beloveds, this is a picture of salvation. We are sinners from birth, poor and needy, just like that lame man. And yet, at the right time, Jesus Christ resurrects us from our helpless state.
Some 27 years ago, I had a similar experience. I was a sinner, lame and crippled, desperate for a Savior. I was alone in my apartment, prostrate on the floor due to the weight and guilt of my sin. And just like that beggar begged, I begged for mercy. And God, in His mercy, rescued me. He caused me to repent, removed the burden of my sin, and made me HIs child.
I remember rising up from that dingy floor, feeling light as a feather. I felt as though I could fly. The weight and burden of my sin was lifted, and there was joy unspeakable in my heart.
Those are reasons for rejoicing, beloveds! Our sins are forgiven. Is 1:18: Though our sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow.
I desire us to live that way every day! Rejoicing in the Gospel. Light as a feather and joy overflowing!
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment