Today, I finally did the deed I dreaded. Taking another meal to a family in need. Short on money and low on energy, I drove to the grocery store. And as usual, with no time to spare, I had to shop at one of the most expensive grocery stores. I just prayed the ingredients I needed would be on sale. Praise the Lord they were! He intervenes for me in so many ways!
After returning home and unloading the groceries, I heard that voice I so love to hear. His! He whispered, “an abundance for every good deed”. What a comfort to hear His voice. Although I was struggling to obey Him, yet He spoke to me!
At that moment, I knew I didn’t need to worry. He would provide.
The story gets better. Strangely, I looked over the receipt from the store, which I never do. The store had overcharged me for the chicken. I called the store and the manager assured me, “no problem, we will give you full refund”. Rod returned with the receipt and the manager at first gave us full refund for only one package. And then, because of her frustration, just decided to refund ALL the money we spent on chicken. $38!!!!
Beloveds, God’s grace is sufficient. He gives an abundance for every good deed! (2 Cor 9:8)
Read I Kings 17 for a fitting illustration of this truth.
Monday, April 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment