Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Bookshelf


The Bookshelf.
Precious Ones, I have been praying for bookshelves for years. Seriously, I have. My goal was to find them at garage sales, thrift stores, Salvation Army, anywhere second hand. However, they seem to be few and far between, that is, the good ones anyway.
So today, having grown impatient, I broke down and bought one first hand! I had received some birthday money which I used to help pay for it. PTL it was on sale! I wouldn’t have bought it otherwise. (Don't ever buy anything full price).
When I arrived back home, God gave me this verse and I just want to share it with you.
I Timothy 6:17
Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
Remember to never idolize the things of this passing world. They will burn. He is good. He gives you things for you to enjoy. But, beware, they are never to take His place. He must be your first love. He must be your delight, not the vain things of this world.

What is the antidote for loving your things more than God?
Repent: James 4 and get in the Word.
David says: Ps 119:47
And I shall delight in Thy commandments, Which I love. Love and delight in God and in His Word.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tongue of Disciples Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino