Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Winning Weapon


Life on earth is a continuous battle against sin. Temptations abound. So, beware. Be educated. Be skilled. The only way to fight sin and temptation is knowing, understanding, and using the Word of God, your weapon.

Don't waste time as the battle has already started. Once saved, you members wage war against the Spirit. (Galations 5:17: For the flesh sets its desire agianst the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another) Your members, coupled with the devil and the world, make an unformidable foe. You will lose everytime without the sword.

This week I woke at 5 am on a Saturday. Hooray! I will get up, knock out my Sunday School lesson, and be able to concentrate on my beloveds during the day. However, for one whole hour, 5-6 am, I paced back and forth from the coffee pot, praying, arguing, complaining and fighting with God. I want a dining room and an addition to this house, or better, a new one. Now.

After one hour, I went into to your father and confessed my sin to him. It then dawned on me that I had not been in the Word. I didn't even know where my Bible was. I opened my Bible to James 4: and as soon as I read it, the chains were broken. I was free. Free from the bondage of sin. Consequently, I was able to happily study the Bible and prepare for my lesson without any thoughts of materialism.

Gaining national freedom required a fight. Same with sin. Freedom from sin requires a fight. However, instead of real guns for the battle, the Word of God is your weapon. The winning weapon!!! It never fails.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tongue of Disciples Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino