Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Little Drummer Boy


As I pray for church tomorrow, a song keeps playing through my head. The Little Drummer Boy.

A boy with nothing to bring the King, yet he went to worship Him anyway. All he had was his drum, so he played for Him.
In turn, the King smiled at him.

What a beautiful picture of a humble heart. We must go to church in humility, realizing that we are poor and needy, unfit for a King, yet offering all we have.

Beloveds, although your gifts seem meager, use what you have. Do your best for him. And just like He smiled at the little drummer boy, He will smile at you.

Little Drummer Boy by Katherine K. Davis, Henry Onorati and Harry Simeone in 1958.

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum 

A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum 

Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum 

To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum, 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,
 

So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum, 
When we come. 



Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
 
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum 

I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum 

That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum, 

rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, 



Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum, 

On my drum? 


Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
 The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum 

I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
 I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
 
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, 



Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
 
Me and my drum. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tongue of Disciples Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino